Getting children to the dentist can be a difficult task. More often than not, children can be fearful, stressed, anxious or a combination of the three when it comes to going to see the dentist. As a result, more and more parents are not pushing their young ones to see a dentist until most of their adult teeth have come in, or there is a dire need. But taking your little ones to the pediatric dentist at an early age can be quite beneficial in a multitude of ways.
Smile Reef would like to relate the benefits and advantages to getting your children started on having routine maintenance pediatric dental visits.
1. Dentists who specialize in pediatric dentistry undergo extensive and additional training to gain the credentials to become a pediatric dentist. After the general four years of study to become a dentist, a pediatric dentist then has to complete two years residency training. Their practice includes infants, toddlers, children, teens and children with special needs. Getting a pediatric dentist for your children means getting the expertise that comes with it.
2. Being a pediatric dentist means working with children of all ages and with many unique and special circumstances day in and day out. Get involved with your young ones dental care with comfort and patience. Performing exams and procedures is second to making the child feel at ease and unafraid.
3. Pediatric dentists not only have knowledge and talent to care for the children’s oral hygiene, but can often catch any problems early on before they become serious issues. Preventative care, cavities, tooth defect repairs, gum diseases or any other similar oral care they may need will be treated efficiently. Along with early diagnosis or simple maintenance care, if your child feels comfortable with a dentist early in life, they will not develop the fears often associated with going to a dentist.
4. In comparison to a family dentist office, the pediatric dentist is more kid friendly. Often decorated in children themes and having toys and other such commodities available, kids feel more at ease in an office that appeal more to them. With that also comes children in and out, making the more weary child a little more calm when seeing other children in the environment. At Smile Reef, we have a beach themed office that children love!
5. Most pediatric dentists offer sedation dentistry as well. For children prone to anxiety or with special needs, taking advantage of the sedation dentistry service can help children get the dental care they need without the negative emotions that might overwhelm them.
Pediatric Dentist, Teeth Cleanings, Dental Examinations, Cavity, Tooth Decay & Gum Disease Prevention & Treatment, Fillings, Early Orthodontics, Emergency Dental Care & More in Las Vegas Nevada
At Smile Reef, our professionals know that children require special attention. Working with children, and performing oral care and treatments for them is a passion. Ensuring they are comfortable and relaxed is our priority. We utilize modern technological advances and procedures to achieve healthy smiles and still maintain affordable treatments. When looking for the right dentist for your children, you have come to the right place. They will receive professional quality dentistry and enjoy their surroundings. Call us today for your appointment!