Teeth cleaning is a common and basic procedure that provides several benefits no matter how young you are. Most pediatric dental visits include exams and some include teeth cleaning to help ensure oral health and prevent decay and other problems. For those who don’t know the many benefits of teeth cleaning, Smile Reef will share some of them.
Importance of Teeth Cleaning
1. Prevent Cavities – Plaque is one of the leading causes of tooth decay. It is an acidic film that builds up on teeth and eats away tooth enamel. Without the protection of enamel, cavities will begin to occur. Plaque can be avoided with flossing and brushing daily. However, a dental cleaning offers a deeper clean and helps prolong oral health.
2 Prevents Tooth Loss – Plaque can also cause gum disease which is the leading cause of tooth loss in adults. Gum disease doesn’t just affect the gums as it can go deeper into the jaw bone as well. When the jaw bone begins to get destroyed, the tooth support diminishes as well which leads toward tooth loss. Pediatric teeth cleaning helps to avoid these unwanted dental problems as your child grows older.
3. Brighten Teeth – Stains from drinking dark colored soda and juice etc can be cleaned away during teeth cleaning. Many children inadvertently stain their teeth with these substances which leave their teeth looking yellow. Routine teeth cleaning can help prevent your child’s teeth from become permanently stained.
4. Fresher Breath – Bad breath is more than what your child might have eaten that day. Bad breath is often due to disease of the gums or teeth. Other bad odors can be due to infections as well. Poor oral hygiene leads to many problems which results in bad breath. For better and fresher breath, you will want to your child to maintain proper oral health which includes regular teeth cleanings.
5. Improve Oral Health – By keeping your child’s teeth clean you will prevent infection, diseases, and tooth decay which results in healthier teeth and mouth. When teeth cleanings are done regularly, it prevents these problems alongside the accompanying examination.
6. Save Money – By preventing tooth decay, infection, or diseases, you can save money by avoiding costly procedures. Plaque is removed during every dental cleaning, which is one of the many causes of oral problems. If you don’t want the costly oral procedures and you want to save money in the long run, have your child’s teeth cleaned regularly.
Smile Reef wants to help improve and maintain your child’s oral health and that includes regular dental cleaning. If your child is overdue for teeth cleaning, contact Smile Reef. Schedule an appointment for an exam and dental cleaning to ensure you have proper oral hygiene and maintenance. Call and make an appointment with Smile Reef today!